Concrete polishing is a technique that makes concrete more than just strong and hard-wearing, as it also involves giving your floor surface the perfect finish.
In the past, concrete floors were reputed to be a boring gray slab of cement, but in recent times, the possibilities are endless when using it as a finish to create smooth, high luster floors. Concrete polishing is a technique that makes concrete more than just strong and hard-wearing, as it also involves giving your floor surface the perfect finish. At Forms Designs, we use our grinders and diamond tools to grind and polish concrete floors to remove the surface paste and expose the stronger concrete beneath. The result of this process is a durable and beautifully polished concrete floor.
Typically, concrete finishes come in different levels, which is seen based on the degree of sheen of the floor finish. We have the A level 1 concrete polish, which often looks hazy with a little clarity or reflection. There is also the A level 2 concrete polish which produces a low luster matte finish with a slight overhead reflection.
The A level 3 uses a higher diamond abrasive and has a much higher sheen and light reflectivity. The concrete polish with the highest level of sheen is the A level 4, which produces your reflection with total clarity.
Our concrete polishing often involves an initial rough grinding, which is generally a three to four-step process. During the polishing process, a sealer is applied, which sinks into the concrete. The sealer protects the concrete from the inside out as well as hardens and densifies the concrete.
With concrete polishing, you don’t need to apply waxes or other materials to your floor. Also, there is a wide range of design options when using a polished concrete finish. You can finish your concrete look with coloring, scoring, patterns, and other designs.
- Incredible strength and Durability
- Extremely adhesive to the various substrate viz – concrete, quarry tiles, and brick pavers, etc
- Unique formulation for super-fast turnaround and easy installation
- Excellent abrasion resistance against heavy foot-traffic
- Very low odor makes it perfectly suited for occupied areas
- Highly breathable flooring system that can combat all kinds of moisture vapor transmission
- Antimicrobial prevents all sorts of fungi and bacteria from spreading
- Exceptionally resistant to chemical spills and thermal shocks
- Excellent protection against oils, grease, and other contaminants
- Low maintenance
- Does not peel and flakes
- Retails Stores
- Meeting rooms
- Museums / Art Galleries
- Lobby Areas
- Lofts in High-Rise Apartments
- Living Rooms / Basements