It is very important to protect your garage floors against motor oil and hot tires, since over the years these end up deteriorating the surface, creating porosity, stains, and wear on the concrete of your garage floors.
One of the best ways to protect your garage floor is to coat it with floor coatings such as epoxy garage floor coatings.
There are many varieties of garage flooring systems on the market, such as polyurea coating, polyaspartic coating, and epoxy coating.
For the application of these garage floor systems, it is necessary to prepare the existing concrete by means of appropriate grinding on the concrete surface and repairing existing damage such as cracks, pin holes and joints with appropriate materials such as polyurea-based filler.
Making your garage floors with Epoxy has many advantages such as a durable seamless surface that provides ease of cleaning and protects your floors from damage from motor oil and hot car tires on garage floors. Keep in mind that this garage floor covering will last for many years and increase the value of your home.
Of all the surfaces in your home, your garage floor probably has the toughest job.
Although a concrete floor is a durable surface, it has one major shortcoming. Concrete, even if it has a smooth surface, is actually quite porous, and leaking motor vehicle fluids, gasoline, hot tires, and dirt from tires can quickly soak into the concrete and stain and deteriorate the floor quickly.
In addition to being visibly ugly, oil stains tend to attract and hold more dirt and grime, which is then washed into the house or car.
Why are epoxy floors so popular?
Epoxy is popular due to its unique properties, such as its chemical resistance, ability to withstand high temperatures, and durability. It also has excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, making it useful in a wide range of applications. Plus, it’s easy to apply and can be modified to suit different needs, such as adding color or texture.
Advantages of Epoxy Resin Floor Coating
The main advantages of epoxy resin garage floor coating include its high resistance:
- Looks amazing and clean.
- It’s ability to adhere to the existing floor.
- Resistance to chemical corrosion.
- Stain resistance.
- Support for heavy objects.
- Impact resistance.
- Moisture resistance.
- Easy cleaning.
Another advantage of epoxy flooring is that it has anti-slip properties. In addition, epoxy is easy to clean and maintain, and it does not require much effort to keep it in good condition.
Method of application of epoxy floors for garages
- Preparation: The surface is prepared by grinding the concrete surface creating a smooth and uniform surface for the addition of the new epoxy floor coating.
- Repair: If there are cracks or holes in the floor, they must be repaired with some type of joint filler.
- Base coat application: The epoxy is prepared by mixing its components A and B uniformly, then it is applied evenly covering the entire surface with the help of a squeeze or rolls.
- Full Cover Vinyl Chips: This step is optional if you want your floors to look great and fabulous you can add this full cover vinyl chips in the colour and size you want.
- Final Coverage: Prepare the two component clear colour topcoat after the base coat has dried and apply to the entire floor and allow it to dry to begin using your new garage floors.
In summary, epoxy is a versatile and strong material used to bond, seal and protect surfaces in a wide variety of industries and applications. By following the steps above, you can be sure that your garage will be protected from oil and other chemicals, making your floor last for years to come.